Click here for attendee and vendor registration.
2016 Sessions and Speaker Line Up
- Safety in the EMS Workplace – Dr. Jason Stopyra of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Randolph County Emergency Services will explore how elements like shift work, sleep deprivation, vehicular challenges, poor diet, and emotional stress contribute to a dangerous environment and will help you develop strategies to protect the people with your EMS organization.
- Using Data to Achieve a More Efficient Operation – Nathan Jung, Paramedic and EMS Administrator at Galveston Area Ambulance Authority, will share how you can better improve your ability to make informed decisions using data to find operational inefficiencies and unnecessary costs. You’ll discover how a more informed management team can help solve problems at a lower level, reducing the team’s workload.
- The Blueprint for Re-defining the Role of EMS in the Health Care Transformation – Dr. Bill Atkinson, former President and CEO of WakeMed Health & Hospitals in Raleigh, NC, will discuss how the nation’s health care system is in the process of transforming from a fee-for-service delivery model to a patient-centered, and value and outcomes-based model. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is uniquely positioned to support this transformation and help achieve the Institute of Healthcare Improvement’s (IHI) Triple Aim of improving the health of populations, and reducing the per capita cost of health care. To realize the potential value of EMS in this new health care environment, EMS must undergo its own transformation into a “New EMS”.
- EMS: The Next Generation – This panel discussion will focus on preparing EMS systems and other health care partners for the incredible challenges ahead in the healthcare arena. As advancements in healthcare and public safety continue at an unprecedented rate, we want to ensure that EMS as an industry and a profession is well-poised for both the known and the unknown. The panel will be comprised of the following subject matter experts:
- Tom Mitchell, Chief, Office of EMS – Community Paramedicine Initiatives & Updates and the State of EMS in NC
- Mark Van Arnam, Administrator, Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services – Ground Vehicle Standard Ambulance Standards, GVS 2015
- Dr. L. Allen Dobson, President & CEO, Community Care of NC – Creating Collaborative Partnerships in Healthcare Reform
- Greg Curry, NREMT-P, Burke County EMS Director – Lessons Learned from a Non-Emergency Transportation Brokerage
Tuesday, August 30
Captain’s Choice, Shotgun Golf Tournament – 11:45am
Vendor Social Hour – 5:30pm
Dinner and Game Night at the Resort – 6:30pm
Wednesday, August 31
Full day of conference sessions
7:15 am – 8:15 am: Breakfast and registration
8:15 am – 8:30 am: Introductions/Kick Off
8:30 am – 9:45 am: Dr. Jason Stopyra
9:45 am – 10:00 am: EMS|MC Learning & Development Updates
10:00 am – 10:30 am: Break (vendor time)
10:30 am – 11:45 am: Nathan Jung
11:45 am – noon: EMS|MC Technology Updates
noon – 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00 pm – 2:15 pm: Dr. Bill Atkinson
2:15 pm – 2:45 pm: Reimbursement Updates
2:45 pm – 3:15 pm: Break (vendor time)
3:15 pm – 4:45 pm: Panel “EMS: The Next Generation” and Q&A
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm: Closing
Questions Regarding the Conference?(336) 397-3980 [email protected]